Real Madrid houses tons of trophies and awards and now going to exhibit all in Melbourne Australia this month. Therefore, current post is highlighting some critical information regarding achievements and trophies of Real Madrid football club.
Real Madrid’s win over Gremio at the end of 2017 showed them retaining Club World Cup trophy and winning consecutive five other trophies in a single calendar has made a great record in the history of Real Madrid Club.
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol founded in 1902 as the Madrid Football Club in Madrid City of Spain, Europe. In Spanish, Real means Royal in English and the title bestowed to the club in 1920 by King Alfonso XIII.
The club was the second highest earning club in the world with annual revenue of 674.6 million Pounds. The club has established itself with a leading force in Spanish and European football in the era of 1950s.
Real Madrid’s Triumph & Trophies!
- 1955-56 – beat Stade Reims 4-3 in final
- 1956-57 – beat Fiorentina 2-0 in final
- 1957-58 – beat AC Milan 3-2 in final
- 1958-59 – beat Stade Reims 2-0 in final
- 1959-60 – beat Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3 in final
- 1965-66 – beat Partizan Belgrade 2-1 in final
- 1997-98 – beat Juventus 1-0 in final
- 1999-00 – beat Valencia 3-0 in final
- 2001-02 – beat Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 in final
- 2013-14 – beat Atletico Madrid 4-1 (AET) in final
- 2015-16 – beat Atletico Madrid 5-3 on pens (1-1 AET) in final
- 2016-17 – beat Juventus 4-1 in final
The club had replicated success five times in the span of seven years and collected trophies. The team was consisting of great players of the time including Alfredo Di Stéfano, Ferenc Puskás, Francisco Gento and Raymond Kopa.
The achievements were outstanding. For instance,
- Domestic football – 64 trophies
- A record of La Liga – 33 titles/ trophies
- Copa del Rey – 19 trophies
- Supercopa de España – 10 trophies
- Copa Eva Duarte – 1 trophy
- Copa de la Liga – 1 trophy
- In European and worldwide competitions, the club has a record of winning – 25 trophies
- In European Cup/UEFA Champions League a record winning – 13 titles
- In UEFA Cups – 2 trophies
- In UEFA Super Cups – 4 trophies
- International football, a record of – 6 club world championships
- International cup – 3
- FIFA Club World Cup – 3
The following image depicts the glory of Real Madrid Club in the form of various trophies. These trophies are matter of pride for Spanish sports fans and citizens by-and-large.
The Club has a long and bright history of winning trophies locally and globally. In 2017 alone, Real Madrid has secured four other competitions.
- The Champions League
- The Supercopa de Espana
- UEFA Super Cup
The story of failure for a decade 2003 to 2012 was devastating.
- Juventus beat Real Madrid in the semi-finals in 2003
- Monaco beat Real Madrid in the quarter-finals in 2004
- Juventus beat Real Madrid in the last sixteen in 2005
The same history was repeated for next three years by Arsenal, Bayern Munich, and Roma, and finally, Italians have beaten Real Madrid at home.
Gorgeous Sports Trophies Houses by Real Madrid
Sports trophies won by Real Madrid is nothing but representing a token of victory made by the team. Therefore, after winning the trophy, the team comes to the club and handover trophies to the president of the club in the presence of religious leaders of Madrid.
Trophies in sports are mostly miniature statues of the sports or events made of gold, silver, or brass depending upon the significance of events and winning rank of the players or team.
The majority of Real Madrid trophies are of Silver metal with decent crafting and design enough to grab the eyes of onlookers at the immediate moment. The oldest form of trophies is a cup, and today with the advent of technologies, trophies have discreet shapes and forms using a range of glasses, metals, and other materials for the longevity of shining.
In March 2018, the great Ronaldo, a player behind winning Real Madrid trophies last year, has announced five-year global tours of Real Madrid Club’s silverware/trophies in Victoria, Australia, and it will arrive in June 2018, this month!
A decision was taken to set up a pavilion outskirt of Melbourne Museum to house the gorgeous trophies of Real Madrid won over the pace of time in the history. It would be a great moment for Australian sports lovers to see the collection interactive experiences and trophies in a range of shapes, size, color, and metals.
The following images representing a treasure of trophies won by Real Madrid.
The best club of the 20th century FIFA trophyEuropean cupsFIFA club world cups
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!