You will be surprised at the number of 48 hours in San Francisco things to do you can enjoy! While 24 hours in San Francisco may be a bit less, 48 hours can be plenty if utilized well. If you’ve never been to the city, you will find our 48-hour travel guide to San Francisco incredibly handy. We will show you why you don’t need 72 hours in San Francisco and how 48 hours can be more than enough! You can check out top attractions such as the San Francisco 49ers, the Golden Gate Bridge, and a lot more in just 48 hours in San Francisco. Let us show you how!
What to do in San Francisco in 48 Hours:
Whether you’re on a planned vacation or making a spontaneous trip on last minute flights, our 48-hour San Francisco guide will come in handy. This is one of the top US cities to visit any time of the year. Check out some of the top 48 hours in San Francisco things to do listed below!
- Morning: To kick off your 48 hours in San Francisco in an awesome way, have a stomach-full of delicious breakfast. You will find plenty of options at the Ferry Building Marketplace. From mouthwatering cheeses and bread to lip-smacking confectionaries and pizzas, this is where you will find the very best of San Francisco food! The Farmer’s Market is set on Saturdays and is a huge draw. You can use less than 36 hours in San Francisco to explore this!
- Afternoon: What could be better than a relaxed stroll after a hearty breakfast? Head in the direction of the spectacular Crissy Field. Here, you will find remarkable views of top attractions like the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. Visit whichever takes your fancy to kick off sightseeing during your 48 hours in San Francisco. The Interval is a great place to grab a cold one and a delicious bite to eat after the tour.
- Evening: Take the Free Love Tour for a relaxed time post lunch. This is one of the best ways to spend 48 hours in San Francisco for music lovers visiting on business class flights. The Haight-Ashbury neighborhood tour will transport you back to the 1960’s when hippies began moving into town. Enjoy the narrative songs and scenic landscape while learning about the Summer of Love!
- Night: So how do you wrap up day 1 after you’ve enjoyed some of the best attractions San Francisco has to offer? By visiting the Tonga Room of course! The Mai Tai is their delicious signature drink and a must-try. Being tropical-themed, you can expect to enjoy tribal decorations, tiki huts, and other awesome things at the place.
- Morning: Have breakfast at your hotel to save more time for sightseeing on your second and final day in San Francisco. The first thing to see on day 2 of your 48 hours in San Francisco California is the Museum of Modern Art. The best culture trip San Francisco has to offer, this will take up a large part of your morning owing to the sheer number of exhibits. To take a breather between exploring exhibits, you can grab a pastry and a cup of coffee at the third-floor cafe.
- Afternoon: Exploring the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art will no doubt leave you exhausted. You should re-energize yourself before your afternoon session of sightseeing. For lunch, head over to Nopalito which offers you some of the best Mexican food in San Francisco. Else, you could also visit Chinatown for delicious Chinese dishes. Post lunch, you can dig out the nature lover in you and explore the Botanical Gardens. This will be a relaxing way to spend 48 hours in San Francisco after a heavy lunch.
- Evening: Explore the Presidio National Park. This is among the biggest attractions to explore when spending 48 hours in San Francisco. From remodeled historic structures and bizarre installations to spectacular hiking trails, there are a lot of things to enjoy here. With scores of food trucks lined up, the Grid Presidio Picnic is the main attraction.
- Night: Your final night in San Francisco needs to be special to make the trip a memorable one. To round off your 48 hours in San Francisco, have dinner on a Hornblower Dinner Cruise. Gorge on delicious food while enjoying breathtaking views of the stunning shoreline. You can head over to the deck between delicious courses to steal views. Also, you can groove to the music beats played by a live band while you dine.
With this itinerary, you can spend the most amazing 48 hours in San Francisco! Your cheap flights to USA for a San Francisco trip will be well worth the money. Explore as many of the above-mentioned attractions within 48 hours in San Francisco California as you can! Enjoy the best ever two days in San Francisco. Do come back to cover the remaining attractions on another trip!
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!