Travelling is more accessible now than it ever has been before. Not only are we able to travel more easily thanks to the evolution of flight technology and the growth of the tourism industry, but travel has also become more affordable too. A holiday that would have only been booked by the financially elite a decade ago can now be taken up and experienced by the average joe. All it takes is a little bit of travel savviness. But what are some of the money saving travel tools that people are using at the moment, and how can you save money with them too?
This article will outline some of the most popular ways to save money on your travels in the twenty first century. Not everyone needs to be minted to explore the world!
Saving money at the airport
If you are going for a short lived travel adventure then make sure that you check out some of the ways that you can save on airport parking, transfers and currency exchanges. There is no point in spending lots of money before you even get to your destination!
- Parking at airports is a great example of one of the ways that you can save money while parking at the airport. The site finds you the cheapest deals for your chosen airport and date of travel. This mean that you will have more spending money for when you are actually abroad!
- Get your currency changed before you go to the airport to save any hefty fees once you actually get there! This way you won’t have to deal with the higher prices!
Saving money on accommodation
There are so many ways that you can save money while abroad and saving money on your accommodation is an absolute must if you are planning on sticking to a budget. Just one of the ways that you can do this is by sacrificing high quality accommodation options! Staying in hostels, shared accommodation or even on people sofas is sometimes what needs to be done in order to travel. But it is almost always worth it!
- Couchsurfing.com is just one of the sites available that allows you to find local hosts to stay with. You will often be staying in a spare room or on a sofa bed at super affordable prices or in exchange for some work! It is a great way to travel for less!
- Hostels are always a great way to go if you want to get cheaper accommodation while traveling. Sites like HostelWorld will help you to source hostels that are cheap and highly reviewed!
Save on car hire
If you are travelling for a little while then you may be hoping to hire your own car! This can be a little expensive but luckily there are some budgeting options out there!
- GetAround is an app that allows you to find and hire the closest hire cars in your vicinity! You can see the closest cars for hire and their prices. You can even manage your trip while on the road too! This is a mainly US based app!
- Kayak is another app that allows you to find the cheapest car rental services in a given area! Not only that but hey also provide one of the most popular travel budgeting apps around. You can keep track of your spending in a wide range of different currencies as well!
Traveling has become more and more accessible over the past few years, and it has grown in popularity too! But it can be a little expensive and while it is more affordable than ever before, staying in fancy hotels may not be an option. So take a look at a few of these apps, sites and tips for saving some money while traveling and start your adventure today!
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!