Do you want to go for a long drive in Ireland?
Ireland is a beautiful island with scenic landscape and untouched nature. It is a pack of historical places, watersports, adventurous activities, nightlife, natural places to explore, coastal sides, cliffs, peninsula, festivals, culture, food, etc. People can visit around the island for days only to appreciate it every moment. It has a lot in store both for tourists and the residents. One can find many weekend gateways to relax and rejuvenate amidst natural beauty in Ireland. If you love driving to your holiday destination, you will find a treasure in Ireland. Here, we have listed 8 spectacular roads for a long drive in Ireland which the local residents and tourists can explore:
- Wicklow Mountains: Drive towards the Wicklow Mountains from capital city Dublin and enjoy the scenic drive as you move towards the rural countryside. The source of the River Liffey, Powerscourt Waterfall, Sally Gap’s pass, Laragh Village are lovable sights on the way. St. Kevin’s monastery is also a popular stop before reaching Portlaoise.
- Ring of Kerry: Grab the most charming sights of Ireland at Ring of Kerry. Ocean, islands, mountains, greenery together welcomes tourists from all over the world.
- The Burren Loop: Giving a home to a variety of flora and fauna, the Burren National Park is approachable by passing through this unique landscape. It has huge limestone landscape alongside a simple route to be followed during your long drive.
- Glengesh Pass to Cliffs of Moher: The attractive valley of Glengesh Pass takes you to enormous Cliffs of Moher stretching 8 km along the coastline and standing 214 meters. above sea level at its highest point to offer the visitors an incredible sight.
- The Causeway Coast: The drive from Londonderry to Coleraine Drive is believed to be the most beautiful. Here, the visitors get to admire magnificent Derry’s walls built in 17-century, Peace Bridge, historical exhibits in the Tower Museum and ruins of Dunluce Castle, along with appreciating the sights of Giant’s Causeway.
- Lough Gill: 11 km to the west of Manorhamilton in County Leitrim, drive to Glencar Waterfall preferably after rain to enjoy the mesmerizing sights as also mentioned in the poetry of W.B. Yeats who lies buried nearby. Benbulbin, the large rock formed by moving glaciers, is another distinctive landmark.
- Fanad Peninsula: Breathtaking sights here take you to a different world. The scenic drive leads you to Portsalon, county’s best beach.
- Connemara Sky Road and Omey Island: The Sky Road is famous for scenic views running alongside. Have a fun-filled ride while going towards Omey Island, the appreciable proud of Aughrus Peninsula.
All the above road trips are a tonic for eyes, mind, and body. Road trips are a joy when appropriate preparations are done in advance. Besides packing your bags for the vacation, there are other prerequisites to your drive. While going for any long drive make sure you have car and driver insurance. It is just to give you a safe cover while driving. You can include several features in your car insurance policy if you go for a long drive often like hotel rental, car rental, and car repair charges. This will help you bear the cost of a hotel or car rental in case your insured car breaks down on the way. In the unfortunate happening of a minor or major accident as well, the car insurance Ireland helps you to meet your medical expenses and car repair or replacement expenses which is very helpful at the time of loss. Also, it is important to buy the car insurance Ireland from an established insurance company so that they do not delay the clearance of claims made. In cases where the delay is made, the essence of car insurance Ireland fails. Companies like Britton Insurance understand the necessity of prompt action when an insurance claim is made by the customer, so they process it faster unlike elsewhere. Moreover, they ensure 24*7 support to their customers so that the customers can approach them at any time of the need. Their online services help customers to buy, renew or add on to existing car insurance policy at any time merely by logging in to the respective account of the customer. So, you can buy a car insurance Ireland with Britton Insurance even if you have already set out for your drive.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!