The second-largest organ in a human being is the skin, which is the outer covering of the body. Human skin has up to seven layers of tissues, which act as a guard for the muscles, bones, ligaments, and internal organs. It also protects from any outer impact or pressure from the variations in temperature, from microorganisms and harmful radiations. In the family of mammals, human skin is very much similar to others, but it shows the most similarities to the skin of a pig.
The skin contains mesodermal cells, pigmentation, and melanin, which absorb the potentially dangerous UV radiation coming from the sun. Although human skin has seven layers, the Epidermis, Dermis, and Hypodermis are the first layer of the skin. These three layers work as the waterproof protective layer, helps in maintaining the flexibility of the body and the proper follow of absorption and discharger throw the skin pores.
As we have seen, human skin is the outer layer of the body, and it also faces continues exposure to the sun and external environment. If skin comes in contact with harmful UV rays or something that damages, it can create skin allergy and skin conditions. To protect our skin from these allergies and damages, we first need to understand what they are and how they appear.
Some Common and Complex Skin Allergies and there causes that you should know about-
Hives or Urticaria is an allergy that occurs due to the release of histamine hormone. Because the small blood vessels start to leak, and the skin begins to swell. Hives can be Acute or Chronic.
Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis is one of the most common skin conditions, especially in infants and children. Eczema occurs due to skin drying causing irritation and inflammation.
Dermatitis Allergies, these kinds of allergies happen when our skin comes in contact with some allergen or a metal alloy. For Example, if we touch poison ivy or another plant like that, at the point of touch, the skin will become red and will start itching and swelling.
Angioedema occurs due to swelling in the deep layers of the skin. It mainly affects the soft tissues like eyelids, mouth, and genitals. Angioedema often seen as hives. This type of allergy doesn’t show any detectable cause.
- Hereditary Angioedema-
Hereditary Angioedema is one of the rarest types of skin allergy. It mainly includes the swelling in the different body parts, and its cure is required, specialist.
Now that we have some of the most common and complex skin allergies, we understand how they appear and affect the skin. There are some remedies, cures, and skin allergy treatment which we can use to prevent these allergies to appear or to treat them.
- The use of moisturizers and Ointments is one of the conventional medicine that one can use without concerning with doctors. They can reduce inflammation, itchiness, and dryness.
- Herbal Cream is a combination of different herbal produces, which can benefit one’s skin. We can use them without any prescription from doctors, and it can be used for a long if it suits the skin.
- Oral Antihistamines are often used for the treatment of Hives and Angioedema. It can control the itchiness and rash on the skin. If the rash spread even after taking antihistamines, it is crucial to see a doctor.
- Dupilumab is one of the treatments which requires the guidance of a doctor. It is a biological treatment that needs an injection to be given to the patient. It is used on the adults and is very helpful in Eczema.
- Antibiotics are also a standard prescription given by a doctor. They are useful for bacterial infection. But can have a side effect if one takes it for a long time.
- Omalizumab is another biologic therapy that is used by doctors in severe cases of chronic allergies. It helps in reducing sensitivity to allergens. One can consider Omalizumab only if a high dose of Corticosteroids doesn’t work.
- Corticosteroid helps to reduce swelling, redness, itching, and allergic reaction. It can help in reducing the inflammation of the skin.
Conclusion-Some allergies are easy to treat than others, some of them can vanish without a trace in a few days, but some can remain for years and can become incurable. What we need to understand is when to use standard remedies and when to consult a doctor. We must realize that is allergies are severe and developing pain and irritation. It is crucial to consult with a doctor. He can guide you through the treatment and will ensure the cure of that allergy. You can find an experienced dermatologist in Indore, Mumbai, and Pune can be very helpful.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!